Passes and Special Events
All films are in English or have English subtitles.
Baithak with Vishal Bhardwaj
a TSAFF 2018 fundraiser
Saturday, October 6
7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
$250 per person
Only 20 tickets! $250/each. (Includes full dinner and conversation)
Meet one on one with India’s renowned filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj.
He garnered critical acclaim and several accolades for writing and directing the Indian adaptations of three tragedies by William Shakespeare: Maqbool (2003) from Macbeth, Omkara (2006) from Othello, and Haider (2014) from Hamlet. He has also directed the thriller Kaminey, 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), and the satire Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (2013).
The address will be provided next week, which will be centrally located. This is a fundraiser for Tasveer South Asian Film Festival. All money raised will go directly back into the festival, supporting filmmakers costs.
a TSAFF 2018 fundraiser
Thursday, September 27 at 5:30 PM – 8 PM
515 Bellevue Way NE (at the Bellevue Collection), Bellevue, Washington 98004
$100 per person
Before we kick off the 13th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival, we are excited to invite you to join us for an intimate dinner with the visiting filmmakers.
Meet one of South Asia’s most popular stars, actress Sanam Saeed, of ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’ fame, and director Asim Abbasi of CAKE, a film which opened to rave reviews around the world. It is also this year’s opening night feature at the Tasveer South Asian Film Festival in Seattle. Come join us to welcome the filmmakers to our city and enjoy a delicious meal at Moksha restaurant. Also expected to attend is Deputy Consul General of Pakistan Shoaib Sarwar.
The 13th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival is the largest South Asian film festival in America. #TSAFF2018 will present 64 films from ten countries from across South Asia and the diaspora, with Pakistan being the focus country for this year’s festival.
Special thanks to our sponsor for this event, Uzma Khan.
$250 Regular | $150 Seniors, Students
The All-Access Pass—our best value yet—gives you full access to all festival screenings, parties including
– An Evening with Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
– Film Cake and Opening Night Gala reception
– Centrepiece film Salaam and reception
– Closing Night with Vishal Bhardwaj
– UW Symposium
– Panels, filmmaker Q&As, and some other surprises as we keep adding them!
Individual Program Ticket Sales
Opening Night Gala
$55 Red Carpet Gala + Post Film Party | $45 SAM Member Price
$100 VIP Reception + Red Carpet Gala + Post Film Party | $90 SAM Member Price
$12 Regular | $10 Student/Senior (with ID)
Screening fee may vary.
See Full Schedule for individual programs.
Centerpiece Screening & Reception
$20 Early Bird + reception
$25 Regular + reception
Closing Night (Screening + Awards Ceremony)
$35 Regular | $20 Student/Senior (with ID)
Panels are FREE to attend.
- No reserved seating is available. Seating is first come, first served.
- Films will start on time.
- Seating for All-Access and Weekend 1 or 2 Pass holders will be held until 15 minutes before each program, after which seats will be released.
- Children aged 12 and under may attend events and screenings for FREE, but please be advised that some content may not be suitable for younger viewers.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Online Ticket Sales:
- Advance purchase is available on the Schedule Page until 11:45 PM the night before respective showtimes.
- Early Bird pricing is in effect for passes and individual event tickets through September 15th.
- Tickets purchased online will be available at the venue’s Will Call.
- Please print your proof of purchase or have it available on your mobile phone in order to collect your tickets.
- Student pricing is available for all programs. Please bring your Student ID, in addition to proof of purchase, to collect your tickets.
Box Office Sales: Tickets for each program will be available onsite at the ticket counter on the day of screenings based on availability.